As we kick off what will surely be an excellent year (if we have to force it to be with every ounce of our strength), I wanted to share a quick preview of the changes this year brings to my blog, my life, and Printcess:
Organization: I’m jumping into Bullet Journaling. I will probably(?) not share much of that here, because I’m not a talented calligrapher and doodler- I’m using BuJo to organize my life and keep my focus on my goals. So it ain’t gonna be purty. But it’s my new obsession…
Printcess: I am planning to unveil a few new Printcess products this year. I had to pause my plans in 2017, what with wedding planning taking over my life, but I’m fired up to bring you not just new colors, but new THINGS.
Wedding: Speaking of the wedding, I will eventually share those pics with you five readers. Whom I love. <3
Health: The latest test results give me hope that I can mitigate my symptoms through controlling the stress on my body (physical, as well as emotional).
This means a high maintenance diet and rounds of medication, which I can’t imagine anyone is interested in. But it’s basically central to my life right now.
This also means identifying and cutting out patterns of behavior, thinking, and false obligations that put pressure on me. This is gonna be a very long, difficult, process, but I know it means this:
- I’m not setting numbers on my goals this year, including reading goals. My one reading goal is a guide to help me get a sense of closure, and I won’t be taking on any others.
- I will still be partaking in #OTSPSecretSister swap, and #TBTBSanta swap, because sending gifts to people anonymously is my happy place.
- I will be posting 5 Fandom Fridays as often as I feel like it, because nerding out is fun.
- I’m going to continue reading your blogs. I am also going to continue possibly not letting you know that I’ve read your blogs. They bring me joy, or else I wouldn’t read them, so know that I enjoy what you do, even if I’m not vocal about it.
- I have to learn how to relax and do nothing without feeling guilty. Likely that means I won’t be posting as often here as I have been (as I force myself to sit and watch things, play Xbox, etc.)
My 2018 focus word of the year is:
I need to feel more centered this year, and going forward- this is part of the stress management, learning to set boundaries (especially on work), and keeping myself emotionally calm and feeling safe. It’s also my reminder to try to be focused on the now, and my total self, in order to appreciate this life.
Hold tight to the light and the love this year!
I’m a coffee-fueled, hobby-addicted bibliophage who makes cruelty-free mineral eye shadows (inspired by novels). I’m usually in front of a screen (writing, reading, or gaming), but I’ve been known to emerge for geekery, good food, and dark chocolate.