Tomorrow, my new husband and I will be taking a flight to London to spend October traveling the country. I’m so excited!
Lest this poor blog feel comatose, I’ve scheduled some book reviews that I did previously for the now-defunct Page a Vu. I won’t be commenting until I return, but I will be raising a glass to each and every one of you while I’m there.
…also, because I’ll be gone throughout October, I ought to recap my September goals:
Survive (and enjoy) my wedding<—SUCCESS! It was phenomenal. One of the happiest days of my life.
- Read/listen to at least one sequel<—FAIL.
Read/listen to at least one book that’s been on my TBR shelf for over six months<—SUCCESS! Ex Libris by Ross King
- Read/listen to at least one book chosen during The Book Reaping<—FAIL but that’s ok- I wanted to read only books set in the UK, in honor of my honeymoon.
Finalize honeymoon plans<—SUCCESS! We’re keeping it loose, but have a long list of nice-to-see places. Print our honeymoon itinerary<—SUCCESS! Sadly, I can’t print the Google Map I made for it like I wanted to. Ah, well.
- Stick to my new strict diet, excepting my actual wedding day, and keep a daily food and symptom journal.<—SUCCESS and FAIL. I was really, really good sticking to it until two days before the wedding. *ahem* It went downhill from there.
- Post the tutorial for the potion bottles (hey! Just in time for Halloween)<—FAIL. Sorry, all, I just didn’t have the time. But they’re super easy- 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp mica in 1 liter of water. Voila!
- Post my recipe for Elder Scrolls Sweetrolls<—FAIL. I was so busy baking these the weekend before the wedding, I didn’t take photos. But any mini-bundt cake recipe will do, frosted with a white icing.
Start packing for the honeymoon<—SUCCESS! And finished packing, too.