Yet more wedding geek recipes! This one comes straight from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. When Fedora and I first went to WWoHP in Orlando (that time he proposed and all), Fizzing Whizbees were the only candy we truly enjoyed there. While not true to the book (which describes them as “there was a large barrel of Every Flavor Beans, and another of Fizzing Whizbees, the levitating sherbert balls that Ron had mentioned”), the little Pop Rocks-filled milk chocolates are full-mouthed fun.
Fedora once gifted me with several candy molds, including little bee molds, so making this recipe was a no-brainer. You’ll see- it may be the easiest dessert to make, ever.
- Pop Rocks
- Chocolate (almond bark or melts)
- Candy mold
1) Put the chocolate in a microwave safe container and zap for 90 seconds to melt it.
2) Stir to ensure it’s an even consistency.
3) Pour a very small amount in each mold.
4) Sprinkle Pop Rocks over the chocolate. Don’t be shy about it- you’ll lose some to the second layer of molten chocolate, so best to be generous with the amount.
5) Cover gently with more melted chocolate, until the mold is full.
6) Let cool completely (I pop mine in the fridge for an hour), then shade mold upside down to remove whizbees.
7) Keep them in a cool, dry place- if they melt, they’ll set off the remaining Pop Rocks. You can even freeze them!
I’m a coffee-fueled, hobby-addicted bibliophage who makes cruelty-free mineral eye shadows (inspired by novels). I’m usually in front of a screen (writing, reading, or gaming), but I’ve been known to emerge for geekery, good food, and dark chocolate.