May Goals Recap
Mail out the wedding invitations!<—SUCCESS! Effing FINALLY. Thank goodness for MinuteMan Press in Auburn.
- Tailor my bridesmage dress for New World Magischola Summer Semester<—FAILED. There’s always June.
Handcraft at least one thing for a swap this month<—SUCCESS! Had an inspiration bug hit mid-month. Plan honeymoon itinerary<—SUCCESS! Three weeks in London, Canterbury, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Cardiff, York, Edinburgh, and wherever takes our fancy. #BestBrokeEver Fill out our travel registry<—SUCCESS! Also, the easiest part of wedding planning so far. Make wedding decor (wands, dragon eggs, potion bottles)<—SUCCESS! Three dragon eggs done. Re-budget for beverages for the wedding<—SUCCESS! Gonna be able (barely) to offer beer, wine, sparkling juice, water, coffee, and tea. Test drive recipes for the wedding (especially freezing and then thaw-and-serve)<—SUCCESS! Tried a peaut butter shortbread for lembas bread. I think I’ll go a different direction there. Read/listen to at least one sequel<—SUCCESS! The Immortal Heights by Sherry Thomas Read/listen to at least one book that’s been on my TBR shelf for over six months<—SUCCESS! But it was so close to a DNF that I’m not posting my review on this blog (The Water Wars by Cameron Stracher) Read/listen to at least one book chosen during The Book Reaping<—SUCCESS! The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
elebrate our meet-aversary<—SUCCESS! We had a lovely, too-much-food dinner at HopJacks
Honestly, I may as well put a constant goal every month of “Realize at the end of the month that it’s been 4 weeks even though it feels like it’s been 7 days”. But check it out- despite exhaustion and health issues knocking me over last month, I rocked my May goals. Yay!
- Finish the cross stitch gift for my OTSP Secret Sister
- Make more wedding decor (wands, dragon eggs, potion bottles)
- Bake recipes for the wedding (vacuum seal and freeze)
- Post the recipes from my wedding baking adventures (for geek food)
- Tailor my bridesmage dress for New World Magischola Summer Semester
- Nail down wedding hairstyle and makeup plan
- Read/listen to at least one sequel
- Read/listen to at least one book that’s been on my TBR shelf for over six months
- Read/listen to at least one book chosen during The Book Reaping
- Make jewelry organizer/necklace holder
- Set up wedding playlist
- Finalize outfits for NWM second semester next month
- Meet with rheumatologist and plan out next steps
- Figure out a way to lose weight despite my fatigue and pain
- Make cotton muslin of sideless surcoat/gates of hell overdress for wedding outfit
- Figure out which of my dupioni lengths will work, color-wise, and order more if need be
- Post DIY for dragon eggs I’m making for the wedding
I’m a coffee-fueled, hobby-addicted bibliophage who makes cruelty-free mineral eye shadows (inspired by novels). I’m usually in front of a screen (writing, reading, or gaming), but I’ve been known to emerge for geekery, good food, and dark chocolate.