April Goals Recap
Nail down my wedding garb<—SUCCESS. This was so last minute, it might actually have occurred in early May. But I’m counting it! Hire a tailor to make my wedding garb<—SUCCESS! I’ve got two small business costume/historical garb seamstresses working on my stuff and I may make some add-ons to give it more of a fantasy vibe. But at least I can scratch that off the (very long) list. Handcraft at least one thing for a swap this month<—I worked on a thing, the same thing, that I still haven’t finished. But it’s progress, darn it.
- Work on new Printcess things<—FAIL. I did think about it, but I did not have the time or energy. And April was over after about 3 seconds, so….
urchase honeymoon plane tickets with our frequent flyer miles<—SUCCESS! And we even saved $1K by NOT using frequent flyer miles. Lesson learned.
- Send wedding invitations<—FAIL. VistaPrint screwed up the invitations twice and the website took longer than expected to come together and now it’s a mad scramble to get these printed and mailed already.
- Continue organizing my sewing room to be more useful/nicer/less cluttered<—FAIL. That’s all on hold with my latest health issues.
- Finalize wedding table themes and accompanying decor for each<—FAIL. No time, no energy.
Start making decor (wands, dragon eggs, potion bottles)<—SUCCESS! All the prep is in place and I have two dragon eggs made (and a third in progress). Test-drive recipes for the wedding, so I can start nailing down what we’re serving, where we’re getting it, and what we need to cut for financial or practical reasons<—SUCCESS! I started with sweetrolls and nixed that recipe immediately. They came out hard as a rock, before our attempt to freeze and thaw. So this recipe testing is a thing that’s gonna be happening a lot over the next 8 weeks. Read/listen to at least one sequel<—SUCCESS! The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch
- Read/listen to at least one book that’s been on my TBR shelf for over six months<—FAIL. I was hoping to finish The Darkest Minds this month, but health crap and too much work have kept me from my goal.
Read/listen to at least one book chosen during The Book Reaping<—SUCCESS! This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers
Once again, I pushed myself too hard this month, trying to meet deadlines and schemes and to-dos for the wedding, the honeymoon, my day job, Printcess, etc. I ended up wiped out right before an unexpected medical procedure, which wiped me out even further. The test results just came back: Aside from this illness, I’m perfectly healthy. In other words: no one knows why I have the pain, the exhaustion, the migraines, etc. and there’s no treatment or cure for it. Stress makes it all worse, but no one can plan a wedding and run a business and have a dayjob and try to manage a chronic illness without taking on heaps of stress. So I’m trying to keep my personal expectations for productivity and health for this year at a very, very low level.
Not succeeding, but trying. *ahem*
- Mail out the wedding invitations!
- Tailor my bridesmage dress for New World Magischola Summer Semester
- Handcraft at least one thing for a swap this month
- Plan honeymoon itinerary
- Fill out our travel registry
- Make wedding decor (wands, dragon eggs, potion bottles)
- Re-budget for beverages for the wedding
- Test drive recipes for the wedding (especially freezing and then thaw-and-serve)
- Read/listen to at least one sequel
- Read/listen to at least one book that’s been on my TBR shelf for over six months
- Read/listen to at least one book chosen during The Book Reaping
- Celebrate our meet-aversary
I’m a coffee-fueled, hobby-addicted bibliophage who makes cruelty-free mineral eye shadows (inspired by novels). I’m usually in front of a screen (writing, reading, or gaming), but I’ve been known to emerge for geekery, good food, and dark chocolate.