I recently discovered Chiavare Oil, a chemical-free, pH balanced, vegan, all-natural personal moisturizer, made with nothing but 100% pure oils- no chemicals, fillers, silicones, or preservatives (you can read up on why those are bad over here).
Being a tangle of medical mysteries, I’m always hesitant to apply anything topically that might cause irritation (or, you know, cancer). And especially when we’re talking lubricant for my tingly bits. But one so natural and versatile that you can use it to tame frizz in your hair, as a bath oil, and even to moisturize your lips (it’s edible!)? This I needed to try.
What’s in it:
- Coconut Oil – Penetrates multiple skin layers to deliver nourishment and hydration. Antibacterial and anti-fungal.
- Almond Oil – Locks moisture into the skin. Anti-inflammatory. Mild pain reliever. Soothes sore muscles. Aids in healing.
- Vitamin E – Antioxidant. Removes free radicals that damage the cell structure. Promotes blood circulation. Regenerates cells.
- Grapeseed Oil – Anti-inflammatory. Anti-aging. Antimicrobial. Antihistamine. Relieves dry, itchy skin, PMS, and hemorrhoids.
- Sunflower Seed Oil – Retains moisture. Boosts healing properties.
- Evening Primrose Oil – Widely used in treating PMS, endometriosis, and symptoms of menopause. Anti-inflammatory.
The good folks at Chiavare sent me a free sample to check out- and it did not disappoint! The dispenser is an adorable little pump bottle, which was awkward dispensing the oil (because it IS a dry oil consistency). It took a few tries for me to get the angle right so I didn’t make much of a mess.
The oil itself was not as messy as I expected. I call it a dry oil because it didn’t leave a film on my skin, and it absorbed right into my hair. As for use as a lube, it felt completely natural and light- not sticky or slimy at all. Yay! And even better? A portion of the proceeds go to Endometriosis research!
Why? Because the founder have Stage IV Severe Endometriosis (I know too many women who suffer from this and it sounds HORRIBLE). She was inspired to create an all-natural personal moisturizer that women could safely use not just during intercourse, but after childbirth, during menopause, and in general.
Also, I love that their slogan is “Sexual health shouldn’t be X-rated. It should be about health.” Because it’s so true- regular moisturizing isn’t just about pleasure, it’s about self-care.
Learn more about Chiavare via their Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook accounts. And hey- they even have a massage candle! I’ll definitely be stocking up on the moisturizer once my wee sample one runs out, and I’ll be getting one for my pregnant friend as well.
I’m a coffee-fueled, hobby-addicted bibliophage who makes cruelty-free mineral eye shadows (inspired by novels). I’m usually in front of a screen (writing, reading, or gaming), but I’ve been known to emerge for geekery, good food, and dark chocolate.