October Goals Recap
Visit the eastern WA/western ID relatives<—SUCCESS! It was a whirlwind but I really enjoyed meeting them all and I can’t wait to see them at the wedding.
- Meet our potential wedding photographer<—TABLED until this weekend.
Try savory mug recipes<—SUCCESS! The pizza one was too bready, but the savory bread pudding one was excellent, and they’re so quick and easy that I’m really hooked. Thankfully, there are ones I can do on keto. Yay! See a specialist and hopefully start down some treatment path<—SUCCESS! And started IV infusion treatment and ketogenic diet.
- Attend the Audubon Society’s Bird Ball fundraiser with my mom<—FAIL. Too exhausted to attend.
- Take lunch break at work every day, even if it’s only 15 minutes (save the eyeballs!)<—FAIL. Massive fail. I tried, but then work went to hell in a hand basket.
- Walk 4,000+ steps, 5 days/week<—FAIL. Again with the health tanking. I’m just going to stop setting any health or fitness goals until I can stabilize.
- Sleep at least 8 hours a night, even if it means eating alone and not getting to read as much and being very behind on emails<—FAIL, but I averaged 7 hours 40 minutes per night the whole month.
Send a great Swapoween package to my partner<—SUCCESS! So much fun shopping for and crafting for Swapoween!
- Figure out how to decorate for Halloween with minimal cat-induced decor casualties<—FAIL. I put out the decorations my awesome Swapoween partner sent, but not the bags of Halloween decor I have. Just not enough energy.
Make creepy food for D&D (black gangrene pasta and monster haystacks but not yet sure what else…)<—SUCCESS! Plague Pasta, Brains, and Monster Stacks and everyone loved it all! Start getting New World Magischola Yule outfits together, including wand holsters<—SUCCESS! In that we got characters on 10/29, so I’m now plotting more than making. No need to come up with a creative wand holster, as part of my character’s backstory is that she carries an elk hide satchel everywhere she goes. Now to find a faux-raw-leather satchel…. Start making jam and stock for the winter<—SUCCESS! Ham stock, chicken stock, and apple butter for starters. I’ll be tackling the freezer full of our Victoria plums next…got a favorite plum recipe?
I only achieved 7 out of 13 goals, but considering how my health has tanked, I don’t feel at all bad about that. I am a wee bit ashamed to have not had the energy and time to even put up Halloween decor this year, but then I remember: my health took a nosedive, I started IV treatments, I started a restricted diet, my boss left unexpectedly, work projects have slammed full force, my car was in the shop, and then my car broke down AGAIN…so the fact that I’m upright and conscious > having decorations up.
- Get our Yuletide Escapade costumes full together, including wand holsters.
- Prioritize my health above EVERYTHING else. I refuse to be bedridden before the wedding. Refuse.
- Stick to the ketogenic diet, and be proactive about food plans every week.
- Continue my IV infusions and check ins each week.
- Make a keto-friendly dish for Thanksgiving.
- Work on the next round of Printcess things.
- Develop a better palette for tea, and make some custom blends at Adagio.
- Be better about not overdoing it on social occasions
- Make a decision about the wedding photographer
- Start figuring out wedding invitations (if anyone has a suggestion of a good vendor for geeky, affordable invitation cards- I’d greatly appreciate it!)
What are your goals this month?
I’m a coffee-fueled, hobby-addicted bibliophage who makes cruelty-free mineral eye shadows (inspired by novels). I’m usually in front of a screen (writing, reading, or gaming), but I’ve been known to emerge for geekery, good food, and dark chocolate.