July is Harry Potter month- how can I resist? You know Fedora and I had a wonderful time (twice now!) at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando, FL (shared my memories here, here, here, and here). Hell, we even got engaged there.
I recently took the Pottermore house quiz again and (for the third time) got Ravenclaw. PLUS my Ilvermorny House is Thunderbird, so apparently I’m an all-around bird (despite my fear of heights).
Since I’m a Ravenclaw through and through (as true when I was a wee lass as it is now), I thought I’d boast about my 5 favorite things about being a Ravenclaw:
- We have awesome House Colors. Blue and Bronze, a great combo that happens to rock as makeup, hair colors, and nail polish as well as fashion and sigils.
2. We have some fantastic alumni, including Professor Flitwick, Garrick Olivander (of wandmaking fame), Moaning Myrtle, Professor Trelawney, Cho Chang, Padma Patil, Luna Lovegood, and of course, Rowena and Helena Ravenclaw.
3. Ravenclaw is neutral to the other houses, although we’re competitive in Quidditch with Hufflepuff (although we supported Cedric Diggory over Harry Potter in the 1994 TriWizard Tournament). Smart folks, we know collaboration usually yields more productive results when facing a challenge.
4. Although most people categorize us as bookish, true Ravenclaws are more than just bibliophiles. We are intellectually curious, eccentric, original, and focus on wisdom. Plus, we prize wit, so we can be sparkling conversationalists.
5. We’re so awesome, they had to change both our colors and our sigil for the movies. Anyway, I assume that’s why they did it (and not because Ravenclaw should be a raven…otherwise, why isn’t Gryffindor a griffin?).
What about you- what’s the best thing about your Hogwarts House?!