- 4 fillets fresh fish (I used rainbow trout)
- Smoked Paprika
- 6 Tbsp olive oil (or sub 3 Tbsp butter)
- Cocoa nibs as needed for coating
4 fillets fresh salmon
6-8 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 small leek, cleaned and diced
1/2 cup white wine
2 tbsp butter
Cocoa nibs as needed for coating
- Marinate salmon in salt, pepper, paprika and olive oil.
- Sauté onion and leek in 2 tbsp olive oil over a low flame until tender. Add 1/2 cup of wine. For creaminess, add butter. Set aside, keeping warm until ready to serve.
- Place salmon skin side down on platter and coat with cocoa nibs to cover. Place salmon cocoa nib side down in very hot sauté pan with 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook for two minutes and flip to skin side; cook for 3-4 minutes more. Be careful not to overcook, center of salmon should remain rare.
- Divide onion and leek mixture among 4 plates.
- Top with salmon and serve.
I’m a coffee-fueled, hobby-addicted bibliophage who makes cruelty-free mineral eye shadows (inspired by novels). I’m usually in front of a screen (writing, reading, or gaming), but I’ve been known to emerge for geekery, good food, and dark chocolate.