With my low-histamine diet, I was denied bread things for three months.
And one morning, I snapped. I needed pancakes. NEEDED them.
So I came up with this alternative!
- 3/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- 2 cups rice flour (I think any non-wheat flour would do, and probably a mix of them would be best)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 bananas, mashed (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (including mashed bananas) and whisk until batter is smooth (you may need to add more rice flour or milk to get to this point).
- Heat nonstick pan on medium.
- Pour batter onto pan and cook, flipping when edges look dry.
The result is thin like a crepe, a bit greasy, a bit crunchy, and very satisfying (especially with a smear of peanut butter or some maple syrup).
My biggest complaint about this was, without the eggs, they fell apart. But they were still delicious.